Howdy, guys! Hope you’re all having a profitable (and fun) January! I’d like to share with you a little tip I picked up on how to get authority links from sites such as Slashdot.
Credit where it’s due. My good friend, Andrew, from Dirty Melon shared this with me, so he’s been kind enough to do a guest post and share the wealth with us all….
Over to Andrew:
“If you’re anything like me you hunt for links like Sherlock Holmes on speed. And if you love a good trick, try this slice of BlackHat Forest Gateau:
1. Fire up a browser and get yourself over to Slashdot’s story submission page.
2. Bash your keyboard until you’ve spammed the form enough, whilst dropping a link into the “scoop” field which features your keywords.
3. Grab something like the Firefox Web Dev toolbar and convert the form methods from POST to GET.
4. Hit the button which says “Preview story”
5. Bookmark the url with something like del.ico.us, stumbleupon or onlywire (Note from Mark: basically drop links anywhere to it, to get it indexed)
Voila! You have a link from Slashdot – Now run along and chase your tail in the yard, until the happiness wears off and you’re ready to find 20 other sites, with similar submit pages to exploit!”
Pretty neat trick, huh? Now yes, before someone cries, “but that page won’t have PR9 like the homepage!”, it doesn’t matter. There is a different between getting links from high link equity pages and getting links from trusted domains, they are both important. Authority links are an excellent way to get a new website trusted in Google and get you off to a flying start to rank quickly.
As Andrew points out, there are actually a whole bunch of high authority sites you can use with this technique. We’ll let you figure that part out (:
Like this article? Then subscribe to the feed!
Interesting SEO Tools side effect »
« SEO Tools Invites Flying Out